Physical Therapy Education
Offering quality educational opportunities to practicing clinicians in the area of musculoskeletal physical therapy and rehabilitation.
SPTE prides itself on developing clinical partners to improve access to Orthopaedic Residency Education and Continuing Education in the greater Midwest area. Our multi-site program assists independent clinics and facilities in creating a traditional style residency program for continued staff development and engagement for optimal patient-centered care.
SPTE offers several different educational opportunities including:
Provide accessible high-quality neuromusculoskeletal education to clinicians in the area of therapeutic rehabilitation and movement.
Advance Physical Therapist’s and other health professional’s post-professional development to become providers of choice in neuromusculoskeletal medicine.
In 2011, Dr. Paul Reuteman and Dr. Matt Haberl set out to increase access to quality education services for Physical Therapists and other health providers. Together the two have a combined 40+ years of clinical and educational experience in Physical Therapy. Dr. Reuteman and Dr. Haberl recognized a continual challenge for Physical Therapists to maintain minimal education requirements to maintain licensure as well as the significant shortage of Physical Therapy residency programs across the nation. Since 2011, SPTE has developed partnerships across Wisconsin and into Iowa creating greater access to quality orthopaedic residency training and continuing education. Check out our growing number of clinical partners, faculty, and resident graduates!
"SPTE truly helped to build my confidence as a therapist. In particular, the 1-on-1 mentorship during patient care and our weekend courses were instrumental in preparing me for the exam and helping me to grow as a clinician. Thank you so much to Paul and Matt for all your help, and thank you especially to my clinical mentor Katie Crowley for your guidance throughout the year!"
-Sam W. PT, DPT, Orthopeadic Clinical Specialist
- Sat, Feb 10La Crosse, WIFeb 10, 2024, 7:30 AM – Feb 11, 2024, 2:00 PMLa Crosse, WI, Dynamic Performance and Therapy 1500 Green Bay Street La Crosse, WI 54601
- Sat, Mar 02La CrosseMar 02, 2024, 7:00 AM – Mar 03, 2024, 2:00 PMLa Crosse, Dynamic Performance and Therapy 1500 Green Bay St, La Crosse, WI 54601, USA
- Tailoring Treatment of Cervical Pain to the Patient: Integration of Patient Education, Manual Therapy and Motor ... (1)Fri, Mar 08La Crosse, WisconsinMar 08, 2024, 4:00 PM CST – Mar 09, 2024, 4:00 PM CSTLa Crosse, Wisconsin, Dynamic Performance and Therapy 1500 Green Bay Street La Crosse, WI 54601
- Fri, Apr 12Newton,IAApr 12, 2024, 5:00 PM – Apr 13, 2024, 6:00 PMNewton,IA, Kinetic Edge Physical Therapy 1715 1st Ave E, Newton, IA 50208, USAApr 12, 2024, 5:00 PM – Apr 13, 2024, 6:00 PMNewton,IA, Kinetic Edge Physical Therapy 1715 1st Ave E, Newton, IA 50208, USAProgress your skills with the application of Dry Needling through this case- based treatment of muscles of the lower extremity and lumbo-pelvic region! Become an expert in your dry needling skills!
- Sat, Sep 21La Crosse, WISep 21, 2024, 7:00 AM – Sep 22, 2024, 7:00 AMLa Crosse, WI, Dynamic Performance and Therapy 1500 Green Bay St, La Crosse, WI 54601, USASep 21, 2024, 7:00 AM – Sep 22, 2024, 7:00 AMLa Crosse, WI, Dynamic Performance and Therapy 1500 Green Bay St, La Crosse, WI 54601, USAProgress your skills with the application of Dry Needling treatment for muscles of the upper extremity. This ONE DAY course will introduce providers (Occupational Therapist's, Hand Specialists, Physical Therapists, Athletic Trainers, Physicians etc) who treat predominately only the UPPER Extremity.
- Sun, Sep 22La CrosseSep 22, 2024, 7:30 AM – Sep 23, 2024, 5:30 PMLa Crosse, Dynamic Performance and Therapy 1500 Green Bay St, La Crosse, WI 54601, USA